April 25, 2012
Join Take Back the Night as they celebrate survivors and their strength by offering an evening of healing on Wednesday, April 25, at 7 p.m. in the student center. This event explores the different ways that sruvivors of trauma go about healing.
We will offer:
- Art therapy in the Jardine room. Runs full length of event, includes different art mediums, journal making, t-shirts, mirrors, etc.
- Counseling in the Murphy Room. At 7 p.m. Dr. Mary Ball will present information about counseling as a way of healing, with specific information about the center here on campus, with a meditation exercise to follow. At 7:30 p.m. the room will be open for quiet self-reflection.
- Yoga in the LSC Conference room. Run by Dr. Taylor of the philosophy department. Each yoga session will be a half hour long. Asana focus 7-7:30 p.m. and 8-8:30 p.m., Meditation focus 7:30-8 p.m. and 8:30-9 p.m.
- Recreation in the Varsity Gym. Will include the following activities: basketball, volleyball, corn hole, dodgeball, etc. With a spinning class offered in the fitness studio as well.
- Prayer at the Saint Ignatius statue (rain location – Saint Francis Chapel).
Come and celebrate the strength of those healing from trauma, and do some healing yourself.
Contact Katie Ratajcak at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.