January 22, 2013 STAFF/STU

Summer Spain Pilgrimage

What are you doing this summer? How about this?
An Invitation from Saint Ignatius of Loyola:

Come with me! Come, follow the path I trod.

You are sincerely invited to follow in my footsteps in a concrete way this coming June 12-22. Come stay in Loyola, visiting the castle and exploring the lovely countryside where I grew up as a boy. Celebrate the Eucharist in the room of my conversion. Come with me as I visit Spain’s famous Marian shrine at Arantzazu where I went at the very beginning of my pilgrimage. Feel the thrill I felt being at the high mountain-top monastery at Montserrat. Celebrate the Eucharist in the cave at Manresa where I spent many hours at prayer, and where, based on my prayer experiences, I continued work on the Spiritual Exercises. Dip your fingers into the River Cardoner, and sit on its banks where I experienced the incredible presence of God to me. Visit with me the marvelous city of Barcelona at the edge of the Mediterranean Sea, where I lived for a time. Come to my country. I will be with you and lead you. It will be the trip of a lifetime, I promise.

Your friend, mentor, and fellow pilgrim,
Iñigo (Otherwise known as Ignatius of Loyola)

The Ignatian Spirituality Institute at John Carroll University has planned a pilgrimage to the Ignatian holy places in Spain. You are cordially invited to join the group. The trip, planned by Catholic Travel Centre, is listed as land only, from June 13 to 22. Travel to Bilbao, the start of the tour, is done individually on June 12. However, if you wish to leave with others from Cleveland, we will be arranging group travel from here shortly after we reach our quota of attendees.

Registration and $400 deposit is due on February 15, 2013.

For a brochure contact Carol Polish at 216.397.1599 or cpolish@jcu.edu.