January 31, 2013 STAFF/STU

Meet JCU’s Great Grad – Don McGuire

Don McGuire
Class of 1980
Major: Political Science

Current Profession/Position: “I have spent most of my career in investment banking but also had the opportunity to build and sell two companies. I am presently COO and Head of Investment Banking for NewOak Capital in New York City.”

Activities: “I was a member of Iota Chi Upsilon and manager of The Rathskeller, the campus bar.”

Interesting Facts: “In addition to running the campus bar I worked in the front office of the Cleveland Indians while I was a student at JCU. Despite receiving various industry awards over the years my most prized award is the JCU Alumni Medal.”

Favorite spot on campus: “I always enjoyed being ‘on the quad’ with my fellow students. The other campus spot I enjoyed was The Rathskeller which gave us a chance to socialize, watch sports, listen to bands and simply relax without leaving campus.”

Advice for current students: “At JCU study what you like, enjoy the experience and build relationships that will last a lifetime. When you look back be able to say you took full advantage of all JCU has to offer.”