February 18, 2013
The applications for NEW Leadership Ohio 2013 are now available!
What is NEW Leadership?
- NEW Leadership Ohio is a five-day residential program sponsored by the John Glenn School of Public Affairs and the Department of Women’s Gender and Sexuality Studies at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. It encourages college women to take on political and public leadership roles.
- The purpose of this program is to educate Ohio college women about politics and policy-making to actively engage them in the political process. Participants will learn the history of women’s involvement in public life; gain leadership skills in public speaking, advocacy, and diversity; and form a network of their peers as well as current women leaders.
When is NEW Leadership?
- May 13-17, 2013, on Ohio State’s campus in Columbus, Ohio.
Who Should Apply?
- Women enrolled in any Ohio two-year or four-year college or university or Ohio residents attending school outside of the state. Preference is given to undergraduates.
- Women that represent different racial, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Women that represent a variety of academic majors, ages and interests.
Application deadline is March 15, 2013! Get the application and more information here.