October 4, 2013
The new cancer initiative on campus, Carroll Cancer Advocacy Network, or Carroll CAN, is dedicated to raising money and awareness and lending a hand to those whose lives are affected by cancer. As this new initiative begins to take shape on campus, we welcome any and all suggestions regarding events, speakers, or organizations to support.
As with previous cancer initiatives on campus, Carroll CAN will be organizing a casual Friday program, “Carroll CAN be Casual for a Cure.” Money raised from this program will benefit The Gathering Place (visit touchedbycancer.org for more information about this organization).
In order to participate please note the new process:
- You may elect to participate for the semester or for the entire year. Donations for the semester will be $25 and donations for the entire year will be $45.
- Donations for this semester or the entire year are due on Friday, Oct. 4. A second collection will be held in January for those who decide to participate on a semester-by-semester basis.
- Checks should be made payable to “The Gathering Place”.
- Each office is asked to collect and send all participation forms (which you received in your campus mailbox last week) and donation checks received to the Office of Student Activities via campus mail. We ask that you request pick up of any cash donations or hand deliver them to the Office of Student Activities.
- Once donations have been received, those participating will receive a Carroll CAN button to wear on casual Fridays.
- The Gathering Place will provide receipts for tax purposes.
Should you have any questions or if you did not receive the participation form in your campus mailbox, please do not hesitate to contact founding president, Stephanie Fair ’14 at firstname.lastname@example.org.