November 5, 2013 STAFF/STU

Meet JCU’s Great Grad – Thomas O’Flaherty ’07 ’08G

thomas OflahertyClass Year: 2007 and 2008
Degrees: History in 2007 and Master’s in Education in 2008

Current Profession and Position: Studio teacher in the entertainment industry. (I tutor child actors/actresses and oversee their welfare on films, television sets, theaters, and commercials.)

Activites you participated in while attending JCU:

• Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
  • Swimming and Diving Team
  • Admissions Tour Guide
  • Speakers Bureau
  • Student Union

Interesting Facts:

• Taught for three years in a Title 1 public high school in Phoenix before moving to Los Angeles.
  • Recently featured in the John Carroll Alumni Newsletter.
  • “I decided to get into education as a career after spending a day tutoring children in downtown Cleveland while on a service trip with my fraternity brothers.”
  • “I’m originally from Chicago and still miss eating good pizza, hot dogs, and Italian beef.”
  • “I still keep up with JCU sport scores even if I’m halfway across the country.”

Favorite Spot on Campus: “The Quad and Lombardo Center as it always was the busiest part of campus.”

Favorite Memory: “So many great memories on campus it’s hard to say which is my favorite. But Greek week competitions was always an exciting time at the end of the year.”

Advice for current students: “Life moves fast but enjoy the memories and friendships you make at John Carroll. But also know with a little hard work, dedication, a little luck, and a big dream you can accomplish anything. You never know down the road what career you will have or city you will live in but take the time and know you can get where you want to be.”

For more information about this week’s Great Grad, contact saa@jcu.edu.