November 19, 2013 STAFF/STU

Meet JCU’s Great Grad – John Davidson ’88

John DavidsonClass of 1988
Degree: B.B.A. – Finance Major
Current Profession and Position: Certified Financial Planner, Owner of KylesHill Financial Planning

Activities while at JCU: Cross country and track teams, various service efforts

Interesting Facts:

• My dad is a Carroll grad (Don ’54) – “I am the only one out of seven siblings fortunate enough to attend JCU.”
  • Active with Alumni in Admissions.
  • Currently President of JCU Columbus Alumni Chapter.
  • Bagpiper in the Columbus Shamrock Club Pipes and Drums.
  • I enjoy coaching grade school football.

Favorite Spot On Campus: “The steps in front of Grasselli Tower. I remember looking up and watching the ROTC students repel down as a child attending Gesu. I remember looking up at the tower, walking in the front door on my way to the admissions office as a hopeful high school senior. I remember looking up at the tower while sitting atop the sign at the front of campus four and a half years later after my last finals were over. It is still the first thing I do whenever I return to campus. Look up.”

Favorite Memory: “The friendships formed through athletic participation are still among the best I have; so many great memories of traveling and competing together.”

Advice for Current Students: “Get the school work done, then go out and do something. Challenge yourself. Meet new people from different backgrounds. Work on something that lasts longer than your four years at Carroll.”