We will be celebrating and remembering the life of John M. Boler, ’56, ’96H on Sunday, April 3 at our 6 p.m. Mass in Saint Francis Chapel. Reverend Robert L. Niehoff, S.J., President of John Carroll, will preside along with members of the Jesuit community. The Boler School of Business will host a reception immediately following the mass in the O’Dea Room of the Lombardo Student Center (located up the ramp, behind St. Francis Chapel).
John Boler was chairman and founder of the Boler Company and earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from John Carroll University in 1956. He remained very active with John Carroll throughout his life, and was especially close with members of the Class of 1956. In recognition of John and his wife, Mary Jo, and their generous gifts to the University, the business school was renamed the John and Mary Jo Boler School of Business in 1996. The Boler School is not the only campus space to carry the family name. In 1994, John and Mary Jo made a gift in memory of Mary Jo Lombardo Boler’s father, and named the student center the D.J. Lombardo Student Center.
John was a member of our Board of Directors for 26 years, from 1983 to 2009; and continued to serve as an emeriti director after stepping down. John and Mary Jo were also honorary chairs of the University’s current $100 million Forever Carroll Campaign.