The University’s Sustainability Committee maintains a battery recycling program on campus. We invite your participation and support of this effort. Labeled containers to receive dead batteries are located conveniently across campus.
In keeping with our mission, the Committee seeks to identify opportunities to lessen our carbon footprint and to show stewardship and care for God’s creation. Diverting batteries from landfills decrease the risk of groundwater contamination from toxic metals found in some batteries. Our recycling efforts put useful material back into the economy resulting in useful reclamation of recyclable natural resources.
If you are interested in hosting a battery drop-off container or just wish to learn more, please contact email@example.com or Jeff Your at 216.397.4244
“We are committed to protect and preserve the earth and ensure the quality of life for future generations in a manner consistent with our Jesuit mission.” Read more here:
Convenient Locations of Battery Recycling Receptacles
• Aramark Dining Service Office, the ‘Underground’
• Biology Dept – Dolan Science Center, W204
• Campus Ministry – Lombardo Student Ctr, 1st floor
• Central Science Stores – DSC, WG06
• Chemistry Dept – DSC, W304
• Each residence hall, main office
• Facilities Office – RecPlex Ground floor, rm 7
• Grasselli Library, vending area, main floor
• Information Tech Services – Rodman, 4th floor
• Mail Center – AD Garden level, below Kulas Aud.
• Mathematics Dept – DSC, E204
• Office of Mission and Identity – AD 128
• Physics Dept – DSC, E104
• Psychology Dept – DSC, E304
• Theology and Religious Studies – B250
• Tim Russert Department of Communication & Theatre – OC50