The Center for Service and Social Action has two upcoming service opportunities for faculty and staff to get involved on and off campus. For staff, these qualify as Mission Leave and are being offered in collaboration with the Office of Mission and Identity. The complete Mission leave policy can be found here: http://webmedia.jcu.edu/hr/files/2016/12/Mission-Leave_05_13_2013_c12_2016.pdf.
(1) Wednesday, May 30 – Collinwood Garden clean-up
– Time: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
– Assist Collinwood neighborhood residents in weeding and general clean-up of
their community garden in preparation for summer planting
– Link to register:
(2) Wednesday, June 27 – Fatima Fun Day
– Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
– JCU has partnered with Tailspinner Children’s Theater for a live performance and
creativity workshops on campus for the day campers at Fatima Family Center. JCU faculty and
staff are needed to serve as small group leaders for the day.
– Family members over the age of 12 are welcome to serve as volunteers too!
– Link to register: http://sites.jcu.edu/service/pages/special/fun-day/
We hope you can join us! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.