April 21, 2014 ALL

Services for Students with Disabilities Updates and Announcements

Updated Disability Related Grievance Procedure

John Carroll University has adopted a new Disability Related Grievance Procedure. A copy of this policy can be found in the student bulletin, online, or in person at the SSD office.

You may access the Policy on Disability-Related Grievances here. You can also request a hard copy of the policy from Services for Students with Disabilities or find the policy in the Undergraduate Student Bulletin, which is available upon request from the Provost and Academic Vice President’s office.

Register with SSD

If you are a student with a documented disability and have not registered with Services for Students with Disabilities you should submit your application now for fall semester. Information on how to register can be found at: http://sites.jcu.edu/disabilities/pages/requesting-services/ or you may call 216.397.4967.

Letters of Accommodation

If you are currently a student registered with SSD you should submit your Letter of Accommodation Request (LOA) form before the end of the semester for next semester. LOA forms are available at the SSD office.

Final Exams

Students registered with SSD should arrange their final exams now. Remember to first schedule with SSD and provide your instructor with the exam administration form. Forms are available at the office or on the website at: http://webmedia.jcu.edu/disabilities/files/2014/02/Exam-administration-form-ssd.pdf.

SSD Welcomes Marianne Cicirelli

Please welcome Marianne Cicirelli, who joined the Services for Students with Disabilities staff as an administrative assistant this spring. She brings with her 14 years of experience at John Carroll University.