Interested in studying abroad through the JCU at Vatican City Program 2015? Come to an informational meeting on Wednesday, January 21 at 2:00 p.m. in OC 132.
The JCU at Vatican City study abroad program offers undergraduate students the opportunity to study in Vatican City while earning John Carroll University Core credits, just as if courses were taken on the John Carroll campus.
Students live in the heart of Rome, just one block away from Saint Peter’s Square. Students are able to take 18 credit hours at our host institution, the Università Pontificia Urbaniana, to fulfill the requirements of the JCU Academic Core.
The program does not require prior knowledge of the Italian language, although we recommend that students take at least one year of the language if interested in pursuing an internship in any field while in Rome.
The courses we offer are the following:
• 1 200 level philosophy, Core V
• 1 200 level philosophy, Core V with the letter R
• 1 300 level philosophy, Core V
• 1 Theology/RL, Core V with the letter S
• 1 History, Core II with the letter S
• 1 Art History
• 1 Literature, Core II with the letters L and S
• Italian Language at any level
Scholarships available based on academic merit/need.
If you do not have a passport, begin the application process to obtain one.