This position encourages the incorporation of related classroom experience, personal campus knowledge and ARAMARK resources to effectively promote the John Carroll University Dining program to the campus community. This person will be responsible for planning, advertising and implementing new programs and events, maintaining the JCU Dining website and social media pages, as well as developing new ideas to better meet the needs of the John Carroll dining customers. If interested please visit to Career Connections website to apply or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Basic Qualifications & General Information:
• Applicant must be currently enrolled as a sophomore or junior.
• Marketing major preferred
• The intern will work approximately 15-20 hours per week and the schedule may vary depending upon the week’s dining events.
• Work schedule may be determined by the student, based around the student’s school schedule.
• ARAMARK will provide necessary supplies and use of a computer in order to complete all tasks and duties.
• The intern will be required to act and dress in a professional manner when representing JCU Dining.
• Work closely with the Food Service Director, District Marketing Manager, and Executive Chef to develop, plan, implement and execute promotions for all dining events on campus.
• Design and produce marketing materials, including signs, posters, coupons, brochures, mailings, nutrition information, and napkin holder displays.
• Create signage for dining events, hang them up throughout dining areas, and post them onto the website to increase customer awareness and attendance.
• Conduct general marketing research to ensure correct competitive positioning in the market. Also, conduct research with other students to determine how to better meet the needs of the customers.
• Update and maintain marketing materials sent by corporate ARAMARK to ensure we are keeping up with the company’s marketing missions.
• Update John Carroll University Dining website each semester to make sure menu items are correct for each day shown. (www.jcu.edu/dining)
• Maintain and change website when necessary.
• Update the nutritional information and signage for menu items each semester.
• Update JCU Dining social media on a regular basis, as well as thinking of new ways to increase the fan base and communication.
• Attend dining events, take pictures, and create a JCU Dining year book.
• Keep a detailed record of all activities to analyze the success/failures of each to be better prepared for future events.
• Attend meetings with managers, chefs, and other personnel.
• Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of using and editing Adobe Creative Suite (including Adobe PageMaker) and other design programs.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities.
• Outgoing personality who enjoys interacting with others.
• Retail/dining/customer service experience a plus.
• Strong collaboration skills; capable of working with various levels of staff and students.
• Attention to detail and ability to measure a program baseline and success.
• Delivers with speed and accuracy
• Delivers creative and innovative, on trend ideas and materials
• Successful execution of dining programs and events
• Reliable and dependable