Picture this! The Tim Russert Department of Communications and Theatre Arts invites you to capture your life in pictures. As part of the campus-wide Celebration of Scholarship, the Russert Department hosts the sixth annual Tim Russert Photography Contest that celebrates the legacy of Tim Russert and the life lessons he shares in his book “Big Russ and Me.”
Students have the opportunity to capture their own lessons of life in photographs and submit them for review, display, and a chance to win cash prizes for the top three submissions. Students will be notified by March 31, if their work has won. A ceremony and display will open April 6. Submitted photos should include a caption and 150-word explanation of how the picture demonstrates a lesson of life. Images must be submitted as a jpeg file and in print format. The deadline to submit is 5 p.m. on March 22. Get snapping!
Entry Form Submission
1. Submit one online entry per photograph
2. Submit up to three different photographs
3. Complete all questions on the entry form
4. Include a jpeg file submission attached to the online entry
5. Label and print photo with your name and title that matches online submission
6. Place print photo submission(s) in a protective envelope and deliver it to the Photo Contest Box in the Russert Department office Room OC 45 by 5 p.m., March 22.
All submissions must be a 5×7 full frame (no borders) photo print; not smaller or larger, and one medium- or high-resolution jpeg of the same printed image (300 dpi or 6MB). No WEB resolution please. Smart Phone photos with a resolution of at least 300 dpi are acceptable.
Online Entry Form: https://johncarrolluniversity.wufoo.com/forms/m185vief1hxmnwy/
For more information contact Dr. Finucane, chair of the Russert Department at RussertDepartment@jcu.edu