Do you ever find yourself sending the same information over and over again via JCU email? Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to create and send pre-written messages?
In today’s Tuesday Tip you will learn how to make this happen with “Canned Responses” in Gmail.
First, enable the Canned Responses lab.
* Go to your JCU Gmail Settings (gear icon).
* Click on the Labs link at the top of the page.
* Scroll down to Canned Responses.
* Select the Enable radio button.
* At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Next, create a canned response.
* Compose an email message.
* Leave the To field blank (filled automatically with the recipient’s email address).
* Leave the Subject field blank (filled automatically with a reply to the recipient’s subject).
* At the bottom of your compose window, click on the “More Options” arrow.
* Select Canned Responses.
* Click New canned response.
* Enter an appropriate name for the response
* Click OK.
* Enter the wording for the canned response.
* Click Save.
For training info: http://sites.jcu.edu/its/training
If you have any questions, please contact the JCU Service Desk at 216.397.3005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Technology Services