Although the number of Facilities Dept. Summer Projects this year is greatly reduced due to funding levels, some construction activity on campus will still occur, including donor funded projects. A few key projects are noted below and a full list can be found on the Facilities Dept. website at: https://jcu.edu/facilities/current-project-news.
– Student Center Improvement Project – Phase II (Corbo Fitness Center and Music Rm Renovations): Construction started June 1st and will be complete by early September
– Student Center Elevator Modernization: As part of the Student Center Renovation, the Atrium elevator (near the Bookstore) will be updated, which requires an elevator shut down from June 8th through mid-August
– Hamlin Hall Furniture Replacement: Furniture replacement in all student rooms and lounges started June 1st and will be complete by the end of July
– Boler College Classroom Renovations: Boler Classrooms 105/106 and 235 will be renovated starting in July with an anticipated completion by early October; these rooms will be offline for at least the first part of the fall semester.
– Blue & Gold Room Renovation: The Blue & Gold Room in DeCarlo Varsity Gym will be renovated starting in July with an anticipated completion in late August.
Please contact April Skurka in Facilities at x6853 with any questions.