Win CA$H prizes for your BIG IDEA at the 2020 IdeaLab Competition!
All students are invited to participate in the 2020 Idealab Contest. Pitch your Big Idea for a chance to win over $4,000 in prize money. JCU has traditionally fared well at this competition which involves teams from 10 area schools.
Last year we had a First Place win and a People’s Choice win!
• Idealab is for current undergraduate students and students who graduated in 2020.
• Teams can consist of 1-5 students.
• The concept/idea must be new and must have been developed on or after January 1, 2020.
• Teams pitch their ideas virtually to a team of friendly judges in a local JCU competition. Winners move on to a regional final competition.
• Thur, October 1st, 4:30 pm, Zoom, Idealab Workshop (optional).
Teams get feedback on ideas and tips on how to pitch ideas from the Muldoon Center for Entrepreneurship resources.
• Wed, October 7th, Application due.
Students/Teams need to submit a three-minute video application by end of the day to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finalists will be notified on Fri, Oct 9th to compete in the JCU competition.
• Thur, October 13, 4:30 pm, Zoom, Local JCU Idealab pitch competition.
Finalists will present a 6-minute pitch via Zoom to a panel of friendly judges. The top 2 teams will receive $500 and will compete in the regional final competition.
• Fri, April 2, 4:15 pm, Zoom, Regional Final Pitch Competition
JCU finalists compete against teams from other schools. Over $8,000 in prizes will be awarded.
For more information and to submit your application, contact Tom Bonda, Director LaunchNET, (email@example.com | 216-397-1605)