Hello from the Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion (CSDI)!
Undergraduate and graduate students often ask us how they can support or be a part of CSDI. One concrete way to contribute this year is to complete both parts of our new online educational module called “Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Students” designed by EverFi.
As a community, we grow stronger as we learn more about how to best create inclusive spaces through opportunities like this training. In this course, students will:
* Learn about key concepts related to identity, bias, power, privilege and oppression.
* Understand the benefits of being part of a diverse community.
* Develop classroom and workplace skills related to ally behavior, self-care, and creating inclusive spaces.
* Earn an attractive diversity, equity, and inclusion certificate upon completion of the course which can be highlighted in a resume, CV, and LinkedIn account.
Part 1: This part of the course takes 30 – 45 minutes to complete. You do not need to complete the course in one sitting because the system saves your progress. In other words, you can stop and return to a module at a later time. Just make sure to complete part 1.
Part 2: A month after completing Part 1, you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of the course. This part of the course takes 5 minutes to complete.
Course Access and Details
Our goal is to have 100% participation from the entire student body by May 2021.
* Undergraduate students who did not complete Part 1 and 2 in Spring 2020 or Fall 2020 will receive an email invitation and reminders to complete the remaining course materials.
* Returning and new graduate students who did not complete Part 1 and 2 in Spring 2020 or Fall 2020 will receive an email invitation and reminders to complete the remaining course materials.
* All students (undergraduate or graduate students) who completed Parts 1 and 2 in Spring 2020 or Fall 2020 will NOT receive an email invitation. You completed the request and fulfilled the requirement: thank you!
Other Important Information:
* You will need internet access and audio capabilities.
* To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer) released within the previous two years.
* You may take the course in multiple sittings.
If you experience technical problems, support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
For non-technical problems, please reach out to email@example.com.