JCU is hosting a training workshop for Quality Matters. The purpose of this training is to maintain JCU’s excellence in teaching particularly in the on-line space. This workshop is intended for faculty, instructional designers, and administrators, who wish to pursue the certification of a course or program or to improve their online courses.
The format is a one day workshop, limited to 30 participants which is scheduled for Wednesday, May 18th from 9:00 am to 4:30 p.m. and directed by Jeanette Brossmann. Lunch will be provided along with light breakfast snacks. Please RSVP by Monday, May 2, 2022 using this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqSbcPI1iaW_rM1Q4OtVgmaAPm7U2h7oFIrccu6iqH1YYRcw/viewform?usp=sf_link
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
2. Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
3. Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
4. Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
5. Apply the concept of alignment.
6. Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.