All students are encouraged to register for VITA this SP 2023, Pass/Fail graded, service learning course taught by JCU Professor Emeritus Jerry Weinstein. Sign up based on class status:
o AC 170/270/370/470 (1 credit, if you are otherwise under 18 hours, so no added cost)
o AC 173/273/373/473 (0 credit, if you are already at 18 or more hours, so no added cost)
The VITA program helps low to moderate income individuals and families prepare their income tax returns without paying fees to professional preparers. The VITA program serves low wage workers, particulary those in families with children, who may be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). The EITC is a major way to help alleviate poverty among greater Clevelanders. Last year, JCU students helped provide needy families with millions of dollars of refunds.
• You do not need to be an Accounting or Business major.
• No pre-req, homework, or exams.
• All returns are reviewed and you have no liability for errors.
• Finish by April 15, 2023.
• Software and basic tax training provided at JCU on Saturday January 28, 2023 from
• 9:00 am – 3:30 pm (free lunch).
• Work 2 additional Saturdays 9:00 am – 3:30 pm to complete course (free lunch)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.