The Roderick Boyd Porter Memorial Scholarship is awarded annually to a John Carroll University undergraduate, graduating in December 2024 or spring/summer 2025, for their contribution to the Humanities.
If you qualify for this award of $18,000 for tuition for your senior year of college, we urge you to apply! To be eligible, students must:
– be a current junior who has attended John Carroll University full-time for at least three consecutive semesters and who expects to graduate in December 2024 or May/August 2025;
– have a 3.5 GPA or better;
– have a major or strong background in a Humanities field;
– exhibit exemplary participation in campus and student organizations;
– complete an application that includes an essay and two recommendations from faculty.
A competitive application will demonstrate a nuanced understanding of the Humanities and the candidate’s engagement with the Humanities.
Applications are due by February 26th, 2024.
More information and application:
Please contact Dr. Philip Metres, Chair, Porter Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.