Join us Thursday mornings from 8 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. in AD54 for an eight-week seminar series with Lindsay Malone starting Thursday, Jan. 16. Topics vary each week so be sure to mark your calendars. Seminar Series runs from Jan. 16 – March 5.
1. Introduction to Functional Nutrition: Learn about a leading-edge, evidence-based, systems biology approach to healthcare that focuses on identifying root causes to significantly improve health outcomes.
2. What in the World Do I Eat? A functional nutrition approach to stocking your grocery cart with foods that will love you back.
3. Inflammation 101: The Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle Prescription. Strategies for extinguishing the flame fueling many chronic diseases.
4. Your Microbiome and You: Hippocrates believed “all diseases begin in the gut”. Discuss how your food choices and your environmental exposures can lead to good health or become the perfect storm for disease.
5. Functional Kitchen: Implement meal-planning strategies and learn simple cooking techniques to make delicious, nutritious meals.
6. Preventing and Reversing Cognitive Decline: Does diet play a role in the modern treatment plan for cognitive decline? Discuss research-based lifestyle interventions for preserving and restoring cognitive health.
7. Detoxification, More than a Trendy Term: We’re exposed daily to chemicals, harmful food additives, antibiotics and more. Learn how to select pure products from food to cleaning supplies, and be sure your body’s detoxification systems are running on all cylinders.
8. Functional Potluck: Put your new skills to work! We’ll share a meal composed of “functional foods” over one last lecture.